Commercial traffic in the Port of Naples is divided into solid and liquid bulk, container, mixed goods, ro-ro traffic that is connected to the coastal cabotage sector.
Total commercial movements in 2014 were 20.124.548 tonnes.
The percentage break down of the various types of traffic is shown below:
Commercial traffic 2014:
The break down demonstrates the weight that every sector has inside the port itself, and above all, confirms the economic vitality of the port in every commercial sector.
- 7 coastal warehouses for bulk liquid products, mineral oils, vegetable, and chemical products.
- 2 terminals for timber and cellulose with a total surface area of approximately 35,000 m.q
- 2 terminals for wheat products
- 3 container terminals, with a total surface area of 200.000 mq:
- 2 specialised in lo-lo traffic at Bausan and Flavio Gioia Docks
- 1 specialised in ro-ro traffic at Bausan Dock.
The commercial area has 30 quays and wharfs in total with lengths varying fro 110 to 390 ml. Every quay is equipped with a water and telephone system.
|Solid Bulk||Liquid Bulk||Containers||Ro-ro|